ASPIRING INNOVATOR AWARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
Open to US residents over the age of 18.
Multiple entries permitted.
ASPIRING INNOVATOR AWARD opens 04/04/20 at 10:00PM (PDT) and closes 05/24/20 at 23:59 PM (PDT).
Winner judged by ‘PROMOTER’ (MWC PRODUCTIONS) on 05/25/20 at 11:00 AM (PDT).
Entrants are asked to provide a short video (not to exceed 60 seconds) of an innovation they have developed and have the proprietary rights to. The innovation must have a ‘connection’ to the State of California. The winner will receive a featured segment on California by Design (Series 2).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Skill-Based Award)
- Information on how to enter form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this AWARD deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this AWARD, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to US residents over the age of 18, as of the date of entry, who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants’).
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the ‘Promoter’ (MWC Productions), associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this award. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter is MWC Productions Inc. of 561 Broadway, Suite 6B New York NY 10012 (‘Promoter’).
How to enter
- Eligible Entrants may enter this AWARD during the Promotional Period (defined below) by: a) visiting www.californiabydesign.com and submitting a short video of their innovation (not to exceed 60 seconds) and a short description of the innovation (100 words or less). By entering the ASPIRING INNOVATOR AWARD you agree to the Terms and Conditions. Multiple entries are permitted provided they comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- Entries must include all requested contact details. Each entry must be unique and received by the ‘Promoter’ prior to the AWARD close date and time.
- Entries must not contain any material that is offensive, defamatory, racist, sexist or otherwise objectionable. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any entry which does not comply with these terms and conditions
- By submitting an entry into this AWARD entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing and business development messages from the ‘Promoter’ (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the ‘Promoter’.
- The innovation must have a connection to the State of California, USA (CA). It must have been either developed, designed, manufactured or funded in CA. The innovation must be unique and developed by the entrant. If the innovation has been developed by more than one person this must be declared in the video and within your submission. The entrant becomes the primary contact for the innovation.
When to enter
- The AWARD commences on 04/04/20 at 10:00PM (PDT) and closes 05/24/20 at 23:59 PM (PDT). (‘Promotional Period’). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location, California, US. Entries must be received by the ‘Promoter’ prior to the AWARD close date and time.
- The winner will be judged on merit by MWC Productions, the production company responsible for the California by Design TV series. The judging criteria includes the design, creativity, originality and commercial potential. Judging will occur at the ‘Promoter’s’ premises on 11:00 AM (PDT) on 05/25/2020. The ‘Promoter’ may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The total number of AWARD winners is one. The winner will be announced and contacted by the ‘Promoter’ and notified of when filming of California by Design, Series 2 will take place. The winner will be further notified by email and their name will be published online at www.californiabydesign.com on 05/25/2020.
- More than one entry is permitted providing all eligibility requirements are met.
- The winner will receive a featured segment on the TV series, California by Design, Series 2. The prize includes all film crew costs associated with filming a 2-3 minute TV segment at a location within the State of California. The winner must be available to film the segment in the second half of 2020. Filming will consist of approximately 4 hours of filming at a location in the State of California determined by the ‘Promoter’. The ‘Promoter’ holds all editorial control regarding the segment.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the AWARD or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the AWARD, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to another entry chosen by the ‘Promoter’. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their award and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event a winner does not take the award by the time stipulated, then the AWARD will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the AWARD.
- Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the responsibility of the AWARD winner (including but not limited to meals, spending money, transport to and from the location of the segment or any local government or private property location fees).
- By entering the AWARD, the winner acknowledges the Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur to prevent filming.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this AWARD cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this AWARD if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this AWARD. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this AWARD.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network which prevents successful entry to the AWARD.
- All entrants must submit ONLY their own original innovation/s. Entrants must be able to show proof of ownership and if required, IP i.e. Trademark.
- All entries’ videos become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if deemed the winner, the AWARD will be withdrawn. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- The ‘Promoter’ has the right to contact any entrants in relation to their innovation submission. The ‘Promoter’ may choose to offer professional assessment of the innovation or suggest a business relationship.
- If the AWARD is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the AWARD for a featured segment on another ‘By Design’ TV series. The AWARD must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to film the featured segment.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address and mobile number be provided when requested for ease of correspondence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request the AWARD winner signs a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the AWARD is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The AWARD is subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable.
- The Promoter and its related entities collect entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this AWARD (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). The Promoter may disclose personal information collected to an agent who is engaged for AWARD fulfilment. (The Promoter adheres to CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS California Civil Code Section 1798.83). You may request access or to update your personal information or lodge a complaint by writing to The Privacy Officer, MWC Productions Inc. of 561 Broadway, Suite 6B New York NY 10012.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. Entrants must indicate on the entry form whether they provide permission for MWC Productions to post their innovation video on the California by Design’s social media channels and website. These channels include but are not limited to www.californiabydesign.com, Instagram: @californiabydesigntv, Facebook: @californiabydesigntv, YouTube: By Design TV and LinkedIn: By Design TV
- In participating in the ASPIRING INNOVATOR AWARD the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the AWARD, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner agrees to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winner (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.